Thursday, 15 September 2011

The Book

When I say book I dont mean any book, but the only book in the world on vultures. it was through reading this book that I found out aboutt his reclusive like Dr livingstone who i so much wanted to meet and learn from. This was to be the beginning as I have said to a life changing experince, which took me all over africa, living and studying in some of the remotetest places but the most beaultuful.

The picture on the front of his famous book is that of a lappet faced vulture. This is the biggest of them all in africa and he is known as the brute and the bruiser.



Actually these birds are not just resident in Africa but are seen throughout the Middle East mainly Arabia.
In 1999 along with the Chief Bird Ecologist of Saudiwe spent along time studying these birds in the Arabian wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment